1.13.2009

Time For A Banana Cake



Sometimes the state of the bananas dictate when it is time to make a banana cake. These ones are perfect! Because I only had two bananas that were at this stage I added in a good handful of
blueberries that I had.



Cream 125grams of BUTTER with 1 cup of BROWN SUGAR. Add a lightly beaten EGG some VANILLA and 3-4 BANANAS ( or 2 bananas and a good handful of blueberries!) stir in 1 teaspoon of BI-CARB soda.
Then stir in one and a half cups of SELF RAISING FLOUR alternating with 3 Tablespoons of MILK.
I baked mine in a loaf pan for about 45 mins at 180 degrees.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blueberry and banana sounds a pretty yummy combination. I just wondered what type of stand mixer you have BW? I ask because I'd really like to get one and have been contemplating the Kenwood Chef or Kitchen Aid. They are exxy, but online reviews show the Sunbeam mixmaster to not be what it once was. I like long-term appliances - still have a 25 yo food processor which will not be replaced until it dies! :-)

Kaye

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Itoo did the blueberry bananna combo and it really was delicious especially warm with butter!

Karen said...

Ooooh yum! I bet this was nice whilst it was still warm from the oven :)

changingways said...

That happens around here too, the banana's indicate when its time to bake, usually for us its banana bread but I'd love to try the banana/blueberry combo.

Also I got your pdf. book, thank you, its really good.

Alex said...

I have some bananas looking a bit dodgy - this is a perfect destination for them! Love your blog by the way - it has inspired me.

Anonymous said...

I made your recipe but added crushed walnuts as that is what I had on hand. It would be one of the nicest cakes I have ever made.
Very satisfying indeed!

Harnessing Old Wisdom for a Fulfilling Modern Life

If you have been around here for a while, you know that I love to look to the old ways to find wisdom to apply to a modern world.   I ...