8.05.2009

Reconnecting With Your Photos.



One of the reasons that I make albums of my photos is that I love to RECONNECT with the memories that the photos provide. I love to record what the photo means to me and the memories that come flooding back as I drift off into each image.

I just had to share this one.

It was eight years ago. After giving birth to a very sick baby I was finally able to bring him home. He was yellow with jaundice. His big brother had already taken ownership of him and as a family we felt a total feeling of completeness.

I have always loved this photo, but today, in preparation for a scrapbooking weekend away I dragged it into photoshop, sharpened it up and took out all the colour. Sometimes a colour image holds a lot of distractions. Turning it greyscale allows you to study the image in depth and see its purity.

When I look at this image I can remember the sense of joy I had. I can also remember that feeling of total exhaustion that only the mother of a new born can understand.

3 comments:

Suzan said...

Enjoy your weekend away. It is a lovely photo and I dearly want to see your finished page.

Lee said...

Oh, I understand that feeling of exhaustion very well!

Thankyou so much for sharing such a special moment with us.

Ladybird World Mother said...

Simply gorgeous. So agree with black and white photography. What a little sweetie your baby was!!

Harnessing Old Wisdom for a Fulfilling Modern Life

If you have been around here for a while, you know that I love to look to the old ways to find wisdom to apply to a modern world.   I ...